Quality Assurance Analysts
Solutia Consulting is searching for Quality Assurance professionals for a contract position with our client in Austin, TX. For this assignment they are looking for people who need minimal work direction, are highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provide best practice sharing within work groups. The Quality Assurance professionals will work closely with all internal groups and occasionally with the client for creating test plans, executing test scenarios and supporting the client during user acceptance testing and go-live. They must understand the products and the specific client business.
Role and Responsibilities
• Create test plans and test cases using Microsoft Testing Manager
• Test software programs to establish that all business requirements have been implemented completely and correctly and are traceable to system requirements.
• Assist Developers with script writing for automated testing.
• Ensure all corresponding business rules are satisfied.
• Create data based on business rules, user interface standards, and technical specifications.
• Identify, analyze, and report defects with full evidence, such as functionality errors, inconsistencies in software program functions, file outputs, user interface forms, content, and system usability issues.
• Logs, tracks and verifies resolution of software and specification defects
• Triage bugs, issues, defects and failures.
• Work with geographically disbursed groups.
• Peer review test deliverables
• Accurately estimate tasks and assignments
• Subject matter expert on the product and related technology
• Research new testing technologies and QA procedures
• Assist in User Acceptance Testing when necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• 5+ years experience in functional integration or system testing web-based and fat-client applications
• Experience in lieu of degree, 4+ years, otherwise, BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
• Using SQL commands to analyze data in relational databases, prepare data for testing purposes, and validate data integrity (2+ years required)
• Automated and Manual Testing Experience
• Visual Studio – Team Foundation Server (2+ years required)
• Ability to communicate with a variety of staff levels
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively and adapt in a variety of configurations (independently, as a team member, etc.)
• Ability to build working relationships, inside and outside of team
• Excellent time management skills
• Experience in testing from test plans, test cases, requirements and/or rule(s)
• Setting up data, tools, databases, and applications in support of a 3-tiered integrated test environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Creating scripts to compare and validate data results from testing
• Knowledge of software development process
• Self-starter with self-initiative and direction
• Understand the software development lifecycle
• Ability to analyze requirements and accurately determine test scope
• Ability to work on multiple complex tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines in a software development environment
• Manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Initially set up as a 6-month assignment. May extend based on performance and reevaluation of needs around 6-month mark.
- Possibility of travel but if needed, would be very little.
Candidates local to the Austin, TX area are preferred.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Solutia Consulting, Inc.® is an AA/EEO employer